This photographer works alone. I will also be working alone for this. He uses photoshop (which I enjoy using) and uses a DSLR camera, and this is the type of camera I will be using. He also photographs color photos, and not black and white ones. Most lighting seems to be natural, any other lighting added would be added through photoshop, which I plan to be using. I also plan to take photos of the same nature as he does, for example, photos of the outside, of nature, of buildings, and for the most part not of people.
The subject I will photograph in this style will be of woods, trees, waterscapes, hills, snow, bogs, ponds, or any vintage building that catches my eye because I like to take pictures of these things, I think they have a natural beauty of their own and cannot be planned photographs. I will probably take these photos around the same time his photographs were taken. I like to take pictures at dusk because the lighting is prettier then in the afternoon because afternoon lighting seems bland, it's also too bright in the morning and dusk is not as harsh as no light at night.

Alright, Brittany, this proposal sounds exciting; are you ready for all Photoshop all the time? :) Good luck with this, and please come ask me for help with HDR when you get there. I've only used that technique once or twice, but we can (re-)learn it together.
ReplyDelete